Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 21:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.81 meters/second, 1565.3 km/hour, 972.6 miles/hour or 845.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.21 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 40.1"||972.48 mi||west||0° 09' 45.4"||11.18 mi||north||972.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 32.1"||935.22 mi||east||4° 14' 23.7"||291.41 mi||north||986.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 11:48 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Thu 12:18 PM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:48 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||978 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:48 AM||2093 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:48 PM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 10:48 AM||2732 km||1698 miles||1475 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:48 AM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:48 AM||2877 km||1788 miles||1553 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:48 AM||3319 km||2063 miles||1792 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:48 AM||3732 km||2319 miles||2015 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.