Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.80 meters/second, 1565.3 km/hour, 972.6 miles/hour or 845.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 40.1"||972.46 mi||West||0° 09' 45.3"||11.18 mi||North||972.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 33.7"||935.24 mi||East||4° 14' 21.9"||291.38 mi||North||986.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 12:18 PM||725 km||450 miles||391 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:48 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:48 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||992 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:48 PM||2077 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:48 AM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 10:48 AM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:48 AM||2889 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:48 AM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:48 AM||3347 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 9:48 AM||3760 km||2336 miles||2030 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.