Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.97 meters/second, 1565.9 kilometres/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.0"||972.85 mi||West||0° 09' 48.2"||11.23 mi||North||973.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 44.5"||934.66 mi||East||4° 15' 16.3"||292.42 mi||North||985.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 12:22 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:22 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:22 PM||1187 km||738 miles||641 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:22 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:22 AM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:22 AM||2007 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:22 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:22 AM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:22 PM||2784 km||1730 miles||1503 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:22 AM||2941 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.