Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.01 meters/second, 1566.0 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.5"||972.94 mi||West||0° 09' 48.9"||11.24 mi||North||973.31 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 33.1"||934.52 mi||East||4° 15' 29.1"||292.66 mi||North||985.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 12:30 PM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:30 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:30 PM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||N|
|Alofi||Thu 11:30 AM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:30 AM||1800 km||1119 miles||972 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:30 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:30 AM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:30 AM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:30 AM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 10:30 AM||2910 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.