Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.02 meters/second, 1566.1 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.6"||972.96 mi||west||0° 09' 49.1"||11.25 mi||north||973.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 30.1"||934.48 mi||east||4° 15' 32.2"||292.72 mi||north||985.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 12:32 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:32 PM||1058 km||658 miles||571 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:32 PM||1610 km||1001 miles||870 nm||N|
|Alofi||Thu 11:32 AM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:32 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:32 PM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:32 AM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:32 AM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:32 AM||2798 km||1739 miles||1511 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 10:32 AM||2860 km||1777 miles||1544 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.