Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.03 meters/second, 1566.1 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.7"||973.04 mi||west||0° 09' 49.1"||11.25 mi||north||973.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 28.6"||934.53 mi||east||4° 15' 34.1"||292.78 mi||north||985.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 12:32 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:32 PM||1047 km||650 miles||565 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:32 PM||1607 km||998 miles||868 nm||N|
|Alofi||Thu 11:32 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:32 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:32 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:32 AM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:32 AM||2685 km||1668 miles||1450 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:32 AM||2769 km||1721 miles||1495 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 10:32 AM||2832 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.