Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.05 meters/second, 1566.2 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 42.8"||973.03 mi||west||0° 09' 49.6"||11.26 mi||north||973.40 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 21.4"||934.38 mi||east||4° 15' 41.9"||292.90 mi||north||985.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 12:38 PM||968 km||601 miles||522 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:38 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:38 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:38 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:38 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Fri 12:38 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:38 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:38 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:38 AM||2643 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 10:38 AM||2709 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.