Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 10:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.07 meters/second, 1566.3 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.2"||973.08 mi||West||0° 09' 49.9"||11.26 mi||North||973.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 15.7"||934.31 mi||East||4° 15' 48.1"||293.02 mi||North||985.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:42 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 12:42 PM||1055 km||655 miles||570 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 11:42 AM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:42 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Fri 12:42 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:42 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:42 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 10:42 AM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:42 AM||2539 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 10:42 AM||2610 km||1622 miles||1409 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.