Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.33 meters/second, 1567.2 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.1"||973.72 mi||west||0° 09' 54.2"||11.35 mi||north||974.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 01.8"||933.49 mi||east||4° 17' 08.0"||294.57 mi||north||985.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Thu 12:32 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:32 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 1:32 PM||262 km||163 miles||141 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:32 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 11:32 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 12:32 PM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:32 PM||799 km||497 miles||432 nm||SSW|
|Pangai||Fri 12:32 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:32 PM||963 km||599 miles||520 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:32 PM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.