Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.33 meters/second, 1567.2 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.0"||973.64 mi||west||0° 09' 54.1"||11.34 mi||north||974.02 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 03.3"||933.45 mi||east||4° 17' 06.3"||294.52 mi||north||985.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Thu 12:32 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:32 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 1:32 PM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:32 PM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 11:32 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 12:32 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:32 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSW|
|Pangai||Fri 12:32 PM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:32 PM||966 km||600 miles||521 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:32 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.