Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 11:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.38 meters/second, 1567.4 kilometres/hour, 973.9 miles/hour or 846.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.6"||973.76 mi||West||0° 09' 54.9"||11.36 mi||North||974.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 48.9"||933.27 mi||East||4° 17' 21.9"||294.81 mi||North||985.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 1:42 PM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||S|
|Apia *||Fri 1:42 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 12:42 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:42 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNE|
|Atafu||Fri 12:42 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 11:42 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:42 PM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:42 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSE|
|Pangai||Fri 12:42 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:42 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.