Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.43 meters/second, 1567.6 km/hour, 974.0 miles/hour or 846.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 47.3"||973.88 mi||west||0° 09' 55.9"||11.38 mi||north||974.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 32.7"||933.08 mi||east||4° 17' 38.9"||295.14 mi||north||985.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Fri 11:52 AM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 1:52 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Fri 1:52 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||ESE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 12:52 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:52 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||NE|
|Neiafu||Fri 12:52 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:52 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Fri 12:52 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 12:52 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SE|
|Suva||Fri 11:52 AM||950 km||591 miles||513 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.