Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 31, 2014 at 12:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 00:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.68 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.1"||974.43 mi||West||0° 09' 59.9"||11.45 mi||North||974.81 mi|
|24 hours||346° 12' 38.0"||932.23 mi||West||4° 18' 53.1"||296.55 mi||North||984.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka||Fri 12:42 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SE|
|Luganville||Fri 11:42 AM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||WSW|
|Nadi||Fri 12:42 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:42 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:42 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Labasa||Fri 12:42 PM||809 km||502 miles||437 nm||SE|
|Suva||Fri 12:42 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SE|
|Noumea||Fri 11:42 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:42 PM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Fri 11:42 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.