Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 31, 2014 at 00:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 00:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.68 meters/second, 1568.5 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.2"||974.52 mi||west||0° 10' 00.0"||11.46 mi||north||974.89 mi|
|24 hours||346° 12' 39.6"||932.27 mi||west||4° 18' 54.8"||296.60 mi||north||984.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Fri 11:42 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||WSW|
|Lautoka||Fri 12:42 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||SE|
|Nadi||Fri 12:42 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 11:42 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:42 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||ENE|
|Suva||Fri 12:42 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||SE|
|Noumea||Fri 11:42 AM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:42 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Fri 11:42 AM||1456 km||905 miles||786 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:42 PM||1509 km||937 miles||815 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.