Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.93 meters/second, 1569.3 km/hour, 975.1 miles/hour or 847.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.9"||975.00 mi||West||0° 10' 03.9"||11.53 mi||North||975.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 09.2"||931.35 mi||East||4° 20' 07.4"||297.97 mi||North||984.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Fri 12:32 PM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||NNW|
|Gizo||Fri 12:32 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Fri 12:32 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Fri 11:32 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Fri 12:32 PM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||SE|
|Noumea||Fri 12:32 PM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:32 PM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 11:32 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||W|
|Cairns||Fri 11:32 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Fri 11:32 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.