Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.80 meters/second, 1579.7 km/hour, 981.6 miles/hour or 853.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||north||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.3"||981.44 mi||west||0° 10' 46.4"||12.34 mi||north||981.79 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 50.2"||920.62 mi||east||4° 32' 40.9"||312.32 mi||north||977.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luena||Fri 12:22 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||SSE|
|Lucapa||Fri 12:22 PM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||NNE|
|Malanje||Fri 12:22 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||WNW|
|Tshikapa||Fri 1:22 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||NNE|
|Huambo||Fri 12:22 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SW|
|Menongue||Fri 12:22 PM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Uíge||Fri 12:22 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||WNW|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 1:22 PM||657 km||408 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Mongu||Fri 1:22 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||SE|
|Luanda||Fri 12:22 PM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.