Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.52 meters/second, 1589.5 kilometres/hour, 987.6 miles/hour or 858.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 06.1"||987.54 mi||West||0° 11' 20.6"||12.99 mi||North||987.87 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 09.8"||908.95 mi||East||4° 41' 46.1"||322.70 mi||North||968.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 1:38 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 11:38 AM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 4:38 PM||2898 km||1801 miles||1565 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 11:38 AM||3378 km||2099 miles||1824 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 11:38 AM||3619 km||2249 miles||1954 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 3:38 PM||4478 km||2782 miles||2418 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Fri 11:38 AM||4585 km||2849 miles||2476 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 10:38 AM||4595 km||2855 miles||2481 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 11:38 AM||4735 km||2942 miles||2557 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Fri 1:38 PM||4836 km||3005 miles||2611 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.