Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 31, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.74 meters/second, 1590.3 km/hour, 988.1 miles/hour or 858.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.4"||988.04 mi||west||0° 11' 23.1"||13.04 mi||north||988.36 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 54.2"||907.91 mi||east||4° 42' 22.4"||323.39 mi||north||967.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 1:02 PM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 12:32 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:32 PM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 2:32 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 12:32 PM||2410 km||1498 miles||1301 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:32 AM||3251 km||2020 miles||1755 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 11:32 AM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 12:32 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:32 PM||3724 km||2314 miles||2011 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 11:32 AM||3865 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.