Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 31, 2014 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.97 meters/second, 1591.1 km/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.9"||988.56 mi||West||0° 11' 25.8"||13.09 mi||North||988.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 33.6"||906.79 mi||East||4° 42' 59.2"||324.09 mi||North||967.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:30 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||N|
|Papeete||Fri 1:30 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:30 PM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:30 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:30 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:30 PM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:30 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:30 PM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:30 AM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 11:30 AM||3016 km||1874 miles||1628 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.