Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 31, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.98 meters/second, 1591.1 km/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.9"||988.58 mi||west||0° 11' 25.8"||13.09 mi||north||988.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 30.8"||906.76 mi||east||4° 43' 00.4"||324.11 mi||north||966.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:32 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||N|
|Papeete||Fri 1:32 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:32 PM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:32 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:32 PM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:32 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:32 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:32 PM||2503 km||1555 miles||1352 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:32 AM||2716 km||1687 miles||1466 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 11:32 AM||2968 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.