Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.21 meters/second, 1592.0 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 16.4"||989.10 mi||West||0° 11' 28.3"||13.14 mi||North||989.41 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 10.6"||905.64 mi||East||4° 43' 35.2"||324.77 mi||North||966.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:30 PM||199 km||124 miles||107 nm||SW|
|Atafu||Sat 1:30 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:30 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||N|
|Kanton Island||Sat 1:30 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:30 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:30 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:30 PM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 12:30 PM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:30 PM||1147 km||712 miles||619 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:30 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.