Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.22 meters/second, 1592.0 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.49 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 16.7"||989.19 mi||west||0° 11' 28.5"||13.14 mi||north||989.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 06.2"||905.64 mi||east||4° 43' 36.9"||324.83 mi||north||966.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:32 PM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||SSW|
|Atafu||Sat 1:32 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:32 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:32 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:32 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||S|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:32 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:32 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:32 PM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 1:32 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||S|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:32 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.