Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.22 meters/second, 1592.0 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 16.7"||989.11 mi||West||0° 11' 28.4"||13.14 mi||North||989.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 07.9"||905.60 mi||East||4° 43' 36.2"||324.80 mi||North||966.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:32 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||SSW|
|Atafu||Sat 1:32 PM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:32 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||N|
|Kanton Island||Sat 1:32 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:32 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:32 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:32 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:32 PM||1114 km||692 miles||601 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:32 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 1:32 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.