Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 12:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.25 meters/second, 1592.1 km/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 17.0"||989.18 mi||West||0° 11' 28.8"||13.15 mi||North||989.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 56.8"||905.45 mi||East||4° 43' 40.9"||324.88 mi||North||965.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Sat 1:40 PM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:40 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||SE|
|Rawaki||Sat 1:40 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 1:40 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 2:40 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||S|
|Apia *||Sat 2:40 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 12:40 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 1:40 PM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:40 PM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:40 PM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.