Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.45 meters/second, 1592.8 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.2"||989.70 mi||west||0° 11' 30.9"||13.19 mi||north||990.01 mi|
|24 hours||346° 48' 13.4"||904.53 mi||west||4° 44' 09.4"||325.45 mi||north||965.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sat 1:30 PM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:30 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Sat 1:30 PM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 1:30 PM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:30 PM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:30 PM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:30 PM||1503 km||934 miles||812 nm||E|
|Apia *||Sat 3:30 PM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Sat 12:30 PM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 1:30 PM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.