Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.44 meters/second, 1592.8 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.2"||989.62 mi||West||0° 11' 30.8"||13.19 mi||North||989.93 mi|
|24 hours||346° 48' 11.8"||904.49 mi||West||4° 44' 08.8"||325.42 mi||North||965.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sat 1:30 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||ESE|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 1:30 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:30 PM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Sat 1:30 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 1:30 PM||1240 km||770 miles||670 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:30 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sat 12:30 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:30 PM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||E|
|Apia *||Sat 3:30 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Sat 1:30 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.