Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.37 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.0"||998.43 mi||West||0° 12' 01.6"||13.77 mi||North||998.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 00.9"||879.23 mi||East||4° 47' 28.3"||329.19 mi||North||939.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 2:02 PM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:32 PM||1710 km||1063 miles||924 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 1:32 PM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:32 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1452 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:32 PM||2759 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:32 PM||3186 km||1979 miles||1720 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:32 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:32 PM||3376 km||2098 miles||1823 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:32 PM||3412 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:32 AM||3758 km||2335 miles||2029 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.