Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.37 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.1"||998.51 mi||west||0° 12' 01.6"||13.78 mi||north||998.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 59.6"||879.27 mi||east||4° 47' 28.0"||329.21 mi||north||939.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 2:02 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:32 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 1:32 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:32 PM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:32 PM||2774 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:32 PM||3170 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:32 PM||3173 km||1972 miles||1713 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:32 PM||3349 km||2081 miles||1808 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:32 PM||3386 km||2104 miles||1828 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:32 AM||3729 km||2317 miles||2013 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.