Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.49 meters/second, 1607.3 kilometres/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 39.0"||998.69 mi||West||0° 12' 01.9"||13.78 mi||North||998.88 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 55.4"||878.15 mi||East||4° 47' 14.5"||328.93 mi||North||938.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:30 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:30 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 2:30 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Sun 2:30 PM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:30 PM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:30 PM||2215 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 1:30 PM||2255 km||1401 miles||1218 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:30 PM||2714 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 2:30 PM||2716 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:30 PM||2805 km||1743 miles||1515 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.