Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.19 meters/second, 1602.7 km/hour, 995.9 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 38.0"||995.75 mi||West||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||North||995.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 10.6"||828.07 mi||East||4° 00' 02.0"||274.93 mi||North||868.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 3:40 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:40 PM||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 3:40 PM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:40 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Tue 3:40 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:40 PM||1916 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:40 PM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:40 PM||2323 km||1444 miles||1255 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Tue 5:40 PM||2362 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 4:40 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.