Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.18 meters/second, 1602.7 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 38.0"||995.75 mi||west||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||north||995.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 10.2"||828.05 mi||east||4° 00' 00.3"||274.90 mi||north||868.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 3:40 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:40 PM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 3:40 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:40 PM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 3:40 PM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:40 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:40 PM||2170 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:40 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1270 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Tue 5:40 PM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 4:40 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.