Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 3:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 15:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.15 meters/second, 1595.3 km/hour, 991.3 miles/hour or 861.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.2"||991.18 mi||West||0° 09' 59.2"||11.44 mi||North||991.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 33.0"||818.76 mi||East||3° 41' 18.2"||253.51 mi||North||852.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abuja||Tue 4:40 PM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||WNW|
|Makurdi||Tue 4:40 PM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||S|
|Kaduna||Tue 4:40 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||NNW|
|Zaria||Tue 4:40 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||NNW|
|Enugu||Tue 4:40 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSW|
|Jalingo||Tue 4:40 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||E|
|Kano||Tue 4:40 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||N|
|Bamenda||Tue 4:40 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||SSE|
|Owerri||Tue 4:40 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSW|
|Benin City||Tue 4:40 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.