Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 02:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 02:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.92 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.8"||986.25 mi||west||0° 09' 16.1"||10.62 mi||north||986.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 28.9"||811.05 mi||east||3° 22' 20.3"||231.83 mi||north||838.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:40 PM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:40 PM||1377 km||856 miles||743 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:40 PM||2999 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:40 PM||3107 km||1930 miles||1678 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:40 PM||3110 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 3:40 PM||3341 km||2076 miles||1804 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:40 PM||3508 km||2180 miles||1894 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:40 PM||3630 km||2255 miles||1960 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:40 PM||3850 km||2392 miles||2079 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:40 PM||3875 km||2408 miles||2092 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.