Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 02:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.93 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.8"||986.19 mi||West||0° 09' 16.2"||10.62 mi||North||986.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 29.3"||811.01 mi||East||3° 22' 22.3"||231.85 mi||North||838.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:40 PM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:40 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:40 PM||3026 km||1880 miles||1634 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:40 PM||3108 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:40 PM||3125 km||1942 miles||1687 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:40 PM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:40 PM||3527 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:40 PM||3637 km||2260 miles||1964 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:40 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:40 PM||3902 km||2424 miles||2107 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.