Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.75 meters/second, 1586.7 km/hour, 985.9 miles/hour or 856.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.5"||985.79 mi||West||0° 09' 12.7"||10.55 mi||North||985.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 17.6"||810.45 mi||East||3° 20' 52.7"||230.14 mi||North||837.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:30 PM||1171 km||728 miles||632 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:30 PM||1312 km||815 miles||709 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:30 PM||1866 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:30 PM||2383 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:30 PM||2440 km||1516 miles||1318 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:30 PM||2818 km||1751 miles||1522 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:30 PM||2819 km||1751 miles||1522 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:30 PM||2867 km||1782 miles||1548 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:30 PM||2878 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 4:30 PM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.