Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.71 meters/second, 1586.6 km/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.6"||985.71 mi||West||0° 09' 11.9"||10.54 mi||North||985.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 15.4"||810.34 mi||East||3° 20' 34.6"||229.79 mi||North||837.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:40 PM||1341 km||833 miles||724 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:40 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:40 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 4:40 PM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:40 PM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:40 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:40 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:40 PM||2706 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:40 PM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:40 PM||3122 km||1940 miles||1686 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.