Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 03:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.67 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.43 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.7"||985.69 mi||west||0° 09' 11.2"||10.53 mi||north||985.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 12.8"||810.27 mi||east||3° 20' 14.6"||229.43 mi||north||837.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 3:50 PM||1470 km||914 miles||794 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:50 PM||1562 km||970 miles||843 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:50 PM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 4:50 PM||2155 km||1339 miles||1163 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:50 PM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 3:50 PM||2283 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:50 PM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:50 PM||2533 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:50 PM||2740 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:50 PM||2848 km||1769 miles||1538 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.