Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.68 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.7"||985.63 mi||West||0° 09' 11.2"||10.53 mi||North||985.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 13.2"||810.23 mi||East||3° 20' 16.6"||229.45 mi||North||837.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 3:50 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:50 PM||1538 km||956 miles||831 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:50 PM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 4:50 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:50 PM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 3:50 PM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:50 PM||2331 km||1448 miles||1259 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:50 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:50 PM||2744 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:50 PM||2875 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.