Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.26 meters/second, 1566.9 km/hour, 973.6 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.0"||973.46 mi||West||0° 07' 23.5"||8.47 mi||North||973.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 24.2"||795.77 mi||East||2° 34' 29.9"||177.04 mi||North||810.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Wed 5:40 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:40 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:40 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 4:40 PM||2905 km||1805 miles||1569 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:40 PM||2935 km||1824 miles||1585 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:40 PM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 5:40 PM||3520 km||2187 miles||1901 nm||S|
|Apia *||Thu 5:40 PM||3666 km||2278 miles||1980 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 3:40 PM||3889 km||2417 miles||2100 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:40 PM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.