Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 6:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 18:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.95 meters/second, 1555.0 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.4"||966.03 mi||West||0° 06' 10.3"||7.07 mi||North||965.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 53.5"||787.96 mi||East||2° 04' 03.9"||142.19 mi||North||796.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Thu 6:22 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SSW|
|Koutiala||Thu 6:22 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Thu 6:22 PM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||ENE|
|Sikasso||Thu 6:22 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 6:22 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||ESE|
|Tidjikja||Thu 6:22 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||NW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 6:22 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Thu 6:22 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 6:22 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||ESE|
|Korhogo||Thu 6:22 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.