Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 19:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.77 meters/second, 1554.4 km/hour, 965.8 miles/hour or 839.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.6"||965.63 mi||West||0° 06' 06.0"||6.99 mi||North||965.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 48.6"||787.54 mi||East||2° 02' 18.2"||140.17 mi||North||795.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dakar||Thu 7:12 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||SE|
|Thiès||Thu 7:12 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||ESE|
|Saint-Louis||Thu 7:12 PM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||E|
|Touba||Thu 7:12 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||ESE|
|Rosso||Thu 7:12 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Serekunda||Thu 7:12 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||SE|
|Banjul||Thu 7:12 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 7:12 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NE|
|Santa Maria||Thu 6:12 PM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||WNW|
|Farafenni||Thu 7:12 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.