Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 7, 2014 at 07:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 7, 2014 at 07:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.29 meters/second, 1545.5 km/hour, 960.3 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||north||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||960.07 mi||west||0° 05' 02.5"||5.78 mi||north||959.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 30.2"||781.53 mi||east||1° 36' 14.4"||110.31 mi||north||785.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 7:22 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Fri 6:22 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 7:22 PM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 7:22 PM||1950 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 7:22 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:22 PM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 8:22 PM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:22 PM||2793 km||1735 miles||1508 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 6:22 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Fri 4:22 PM||3212 km||1996 miles||1734 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.