Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 7, 2014 at 7:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 7, 2014 at 07:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.29 meters/second, 1545.5 km/hour, 960.3 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||960.07 mi||West||0° 05' 02.5"||5.78 mi||North||959.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 30.2"||781.53 mi||East||1° 36' 14.4"||110.31 mi||North||785.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 7:22 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Fri 6:22 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 7:22 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 7:22 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1054 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 7:22 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:22 PM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 8:22 PM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 7:22 PM||2793 km||1735 miles||1508 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 6:22 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Fri 4:22 PM||3212 km||1996 miles||1734 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.