Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 7, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 7, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.20 meters/second, 1537.9 km/hour, 955.6 miles/hour or 830.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 28.6"||955.37 mi||west||0° 03' 58.0"||4.55 mi||north||955.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 51.1"||775.85 mi||east||1° 10' 05.1"||80.34 mi||north||777.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Fri 7:22 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||WNW|
|Bamako||Fri 7:22 PM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||SSE|
|Tambacounda||Fri 7:22 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SW|
|Rosso||Fri 7:22 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Fri 7:22 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||W|
|Touba||Fri 7:22 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Fri 7:22 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SE|
|Gabú||Fri 7:22 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||SW|
|Farafenni||Fri 7:22 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||SW|
|Bafatá||Fri 7:22 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.