Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 10:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.98 meters/second, 1576.7 km/hour, 979.7 miles/hour or 851.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.7"||979.61 mi||west||0° 08' 10.8"||9.37 mi||south||979.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 58.6"||822.83 mi||east||2° 58' 34.0"||204.62 mi||south||842.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:56 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||948 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 4:56 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 5:56 AM||2795 km||1737 miles||1509 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 5:56 AM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:56 AM||3193 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Thu 4:56 AM||3227 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 4:56 AM||3260 km||2026 miles||1760 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 4:56 AM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Thu 4:56 AM||3287 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 4:56 AM||3401 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.