Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 21, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.06 meters/second, 1548.2 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 18.4"||961.82 mi||west||0° 06' 02.9"||6.93 mi||south||961.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 09.7"||863.11 mi||east||1° 59' 47.2"||137.30 mi||south||869.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Sat 4:56 AM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||NNE|
|Neiafu||Sat 5:56 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Suva||Sat 4:56 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Sat 5:56 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||SE|
|Lautoka||Sat 4:56 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||WSW|
|Nadi||Sat 4:56 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:56 AM||603 km||375 miles||325 nm||SSE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 6:56 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||ENE|
|Apia *||Sat 6:56 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Fri 5:56 AM||749 km||465 miles||405 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.