Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 16:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 16:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.83 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||south||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.4"||950.10 mi||west||0° 03' 49.3"||4.38 mi||south||949.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 59.4"||892.29 mi||east||1° 00' 57.7"||69.89 mi||south||892.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:16 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:16 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:16 AM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 6:16 AM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:16 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:16 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:16 AM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:16 AM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sun 4:16 AM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:16 AM||3003 km||1866 miles||1622 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.