Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 16:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.84 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.5"||950.05 mi||West||0° 03' 49.4"||4.38 mi||South||949.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 57.9"||892.21 mi||East||1° 01' 00.9"||69.94 mi||South||892.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:16 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:16 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:16 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||879 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 6:16 AM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:16 AM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:16 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:16 AM||2226 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:16 AM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sun 4:16 AM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:16 AM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.