Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 17:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.60 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.72 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||south||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 22.2"||942.85 mi||west||0° 00' 57.1"||1.09 mi||south||942.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 37.1"||916.99 mi||east||0° 11' 52.2"||13.61 mi||north||917.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 7:16 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sun 7:16 AM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 6:16 AM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 7:16 AM||1816 km||1129 miles||981 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:16 AM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 6:16 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:16 AM||2326 km||1446 miles||1256 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sun 9:16 AM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 5:16 AM||2736 km||1700 miles||1477 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:16 AM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.