Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.32 meters/second, 1531.2 kilometres/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.5"||951.18 mi||West||0° 05' 19.3"||6.10 mi||North||951.43 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 50.1"||935.15 mi||East||2° 40' 21.9"||183.78 mi||North||959.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 8:30 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 8:30 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 8:30 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 10:30 AM||1755 km||1090 miles||947 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:30 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Tue 7:30 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 8:30 AM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 7:30 AM||2980 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 7:30 AM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 1:30 PM||3806 km||2365 miles||2055 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.