Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.60 meters/second, 1535.7 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.4"||954.04 mi||West||0° 06' 01.9"||6.92 mi||North||954.31 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 49.9"||934.58 mi||East||2° 56' 07.5"||201.83 mi||North||962.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Wed 9:50 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Wed 9:50 AM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Wed 9:50 AM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Wed 9:20 AM||1091 km||678 miles||589 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Wed 10:20 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||E|
|Eucla||Wed 9:05 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Wed 9:20 AM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||N|
|Makassar||Wed 8:20 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||978 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Wed 9:20 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 10:20 AM||1927 km||1197 miles||1041 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.