Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 18:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.22 meters/second, 1552.4 km/hour, 964.6 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.2"||964.41 mi||West||0° 08' 03.5"||9.23 mi||North||964.75 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 52.4"||929.86 mi||East||3° 39' 32.6"||251.53 mi||North||970.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 10:20 AM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||S|
|Papeete||Wed 8:20 AM||2292 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 1:20 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 8:20 AM||3402 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 8:20 AM||3685 km||2290 miles||1990 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 7:20 AM||4448 km||2764 miles||2402 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 8:20 AM||4682 km||2909 miles||2528 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Wed 12:20 PM||4948 km||3075 miles||2672 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 7:20 AM||5000 km||3107 miles||2700 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 8:20 AM||5127 km||3186 miles||2769 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.