Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.54 meters/second, 1553.5 km/hour, 965.3 miles/hour or 838.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.3"||965.14 mi||West||0° 08' 10.7"||9.37 mi||North||965.48 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 52.9"||929.42 mi||East||3° 42' 02.9"||254.40 mi||North||970.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 9:30 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Wed 10:00 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 9:30 AM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 11:30 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:30 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 8:30 AM||2685 km||1668 miles||1450 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 9:30 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:30 AM||2894 km||1798 miles||1562 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 8:30 AM||3262 km||2027 miles||1762 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:30 AM||3817 km||2371 miles||2061 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.