Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 11:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 23:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.62 meters/second, 1557.4 kilometres/hour, 967.7 miles/hour or 840.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.3"||967.55 mi||West||0° 08' 33.8"||9.81 mi||North||967.90 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 31.7"||927.86 mi||East||3° 49' 58.7"||263.47 mi||North||971.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Thu 10:20 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||N|
|Gizo||Thu 10:20 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Thu 10:20 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Thu 9:20 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:20 AM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Thu 10:20 AM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 9:20 AM||1444 km||897 miles||779 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 9:20 AM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Thu 9:20 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:20 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.