Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.67 meters/second, 1557.6 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.8"||967.68 mi||west||0° 08' 34.9"||9.83 mi||north||968.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 20.9"||927.78 mi||east||3° 50' 22.7"||263.93 mi||north||971.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Thu 10:32 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Thu 10:32 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||N|
|Arawa||Thu 9:32 AM||868 km||540 miles||469 nm||N|
|Buka||Thu 9:32 AM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 9:32 AM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 9:32 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:32 AM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Thu 10:32 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Thu 9:32 AM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:32 AM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.