Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.67 meters/second, 1557.6 km/hour, 967.9 miles/hour or 841.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.8"||967.68 mi||West||0° 08' 34.9"||9.83 mi||North||968.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 20.9"||927.78 mi||East||3° 50' 22.7"||263.93 mi||North||971.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Thu 10:32 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Thu 10:32 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||N|
|Arawa||Thu 9:32 AM||868 km||540 miles||469 nm||N|
|Buka||Thu 9:32 AM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 9:32 AM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 9:32 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:32 AM||1310 km||814 miles||707 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Thu 10:32 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Thu 9:32 AM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:32 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.