Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 12:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 00:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.85 meters/second, 1558.3 km/hour, 968.3 miles/hour or 841.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 03.0"||968.08 mi||West||0° 08' 38.7"||9.91 mi||North||968.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 47.0"||927.50 mi||East||3° 51' 38.5"||265.37 mi||North||971.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Thu 10:10 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 10:10 AM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||N|
|Lae||Thu 10:10 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||N|
|Honiara||Thu 11:10 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Thu 9:10 AM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 10:10 AM||1605 km||997 miles||866 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 9:40 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Thu 9:40 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Thu 9:10 AM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Thu 11:10 AM||2241 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.