Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.90 meters/second, 1558.4 km/hour, 968.4 miles/hour or 841.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 03.3"||968.19 mi||West||0° 08' 39.6"||9.92 mi||North||968.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 38.0"||927.43 mi||East||3° 51' 58.3"||265.75 mi||North||971.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Thu 10:20 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Thu 10:20 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Thu 10:20 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Thu 9:20 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Thu 9:50 AM||1562 km||970 miles||843 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Thu 9:50 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Thu 11:20 AM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Thu 10:20 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Thu 9:20 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NW|
|Dili||Thu 9:20 AM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.