Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.23 meters/second, 1559.6 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.7"||968.93 mi||west||0° 08' 46.4"||10.05 mi||north||969.28 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 34.5"||926.92 mi||east||3° 54' 15.3"||268.37 mi||north||971.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Thu 11:00 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Suai||Thu 10:30 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||NW|
|Same||Thu 10:30 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Thu 10:30 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 10:30 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Thu 9:30 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 11:00 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SE|
|Ende||Thu 9:30 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 11:00 AM||1248 km||776 miles||674 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Thu 9:30 AM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.