Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.23 meters/second, 1559.6 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.7"||968.93 mi||West||0° 08' 46.4"||10.05 mi||North||969.28 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 34.5"||926.92 mi||East||3° 54' 15.3"||268.37 mi||North||971.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Thu 11:00 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Suai||Thu 10:30 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||NW|
|Same||Thu 10:30 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Thu 10:30 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 10:30 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Thu 9:30 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 11:00 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SE|
|Ende||Thu 9:30 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 11:00 AM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Thu 9:30 AM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.