Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 6:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.70 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 16.5"||972.23 mi||West||0° 09' 15.2"||10.60 mi||North||972.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 46.9"||924.49 mi||East||4° 03' 50.4"||279.33 mi||North||972.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsiranana||Thu 9:40 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||W|
|Toamasina||Thu 9:40 AM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||SW|
|Port Louis||Thu 10:40 AM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||SSE|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 10:40 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||S|
|Victoria||Thu 10:40 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 9:40 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Thu 9:40 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||SW|
|Moroni||Thu 9:40 AM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||W|
|Dar es Salaam||Thu 9:40 AM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 9:40 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.