Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.02 meters/second, 1569.7 km/hour, 975.3 miles/hour or 847.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 26.8"||975.19 mi||West||0° 09' 39.4"||11.06 mi||North||975.55 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 19.4"||922.10 mi||East||4° 11' 43.5"||288.35 mi||North||972.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 11:20 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Thu 11:20 AM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Thu 11:20 AM||2201 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Thu 11:20 AM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 11:20 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Thu 8:20 AM||2394 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||W|
|Conakry||Thu 11:20 AM||2402 km||1492 miles||1297 nm||N|
|Accra||Thu 11:20 AM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||NE|
|Lome||Thu 11:20 AM||2598 km||1614 miles||1403 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Thu 11:20 AM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.