Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.07 meters/second, 1569.8 km/hour, 975.5 miles/hour or 847.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 27.1"||975.30 mi||West||0° 09' 40.2"||11.08 mi||North||975.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 09.8"||922.02 mi||East||4° 11' 59.7"||288.66 mi||North||972.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 11:30 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Thu 11:30 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Thu 8:30 AM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||W|
|Freetown||Thu 11:30 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Thu 11:30 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 11:30 AM||2405 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Thu 11:30 AM||2410 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||N|
|Salvador||Thu 8:30 AM||2460 km||1529 miles||1328 nm||W|
|Accra||Thu 11:30 AM||2616 km||1625 miles||1412 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Thu 11:30 AM||2659 km||1652 miles||1436 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.