Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 12:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 12:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.44 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 30.2"||976.14 mi||West||0° 09' 46.8"||11.20 mi||North||976.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 52.2"||921.30 mi||East||4° 14' 06.1"||291.07 mi||North||972.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aracaju||Thu 9:50 AM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Thu 9:50 AM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Thu 9:50 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Thu 9:50 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||N|
|Natal||Thu 9:50 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 10:50 AM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Thu 9:50 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia||Thu 9:50 AM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 9:50 AM||1490 km||926 miles||805 nm||SW|
|Guarulhos||Thu 9:50 AM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.